"North East is the Railway Engine to pave a way to development" stated Union Minister of State for Environment & Forest, AK Chaubey in his short meeting held at Itanagar.
- The Union Minister expressed his pleasant visit stating the state as the land of Rising Sun
- He stated without the development of the North East, India cannot Develop.
- The Union Minister complimented the state's profound richness of Natural Biodiversity and stated, "Arunachal and North East as a whole is the Railway engine to pave a way for the development along with the central government"
- At the National level, CAMPA Fund is collected from the state and submitted to the centre and after that, the state which requires funds is provided.
- Approximately 1900 crore was submitted to the CAMPA Fund and 1588.72 crores had been delivered to the state in the year 2019 from the CAMPA Fund, and for other development, 155.40 crores and 190.56 crores had been provided to the state from CAMPA Fund.
- The government shall look into the matter relating to the rest of the development fund needed in the state.
- The Union Minister had stated the government has received the letter of approval from the state Environment and Forest Minister pertaining to various other developmental work and shall work on it.
- Dibang region shall be entitled as Tiger Reserve Park from PM Modi
- The central government is looking forward to bring solutions to curb unemployment using eco-tourism as an important source, citing an instance from his visit to Manipur on Loktak Lake. How the Lake has been brought under the Ramsar site and as such the Minister Suggested the same for the State for Arunachal Pradesh. Loktak (Ramsar site no. 463) is one of the 37 Ramsar sites in India and the surface area covered by these 37 sites is now 1,067,939 hectares.
- The Union Minister also mentioned various other funds allotted to the state through various central schemes and also discussed several future developments in the state in the near future.
Talking on the Biodiversity the Union Minister mentioned the importance of the conservation of the Hollock Gibbon in the state and also sought for transferring some of those to Bihar National Parks and zoos for further breeding. He took to Twitter citing his event today held in Itanagar.
Jon Pebi Tato, Managing Editor, The SPACE