India Data Portal Powered by BIPP, ISB Conducts One Hour Workshop on Using Data to support News Content at Hotel Waii, Itanagar
STATE: India Data Portal powered by Bharti Institute of Public Policy, ISB (Indian School of Business) conducted a one-hour workshop on Using data to support News Content here at Hotel Waii in Itanagar today. The workshop aimed to help the working journalist in the state to garner the fruit of digitization through the usage of the India Data Portal Application. The application can be downloaded from the google play store, thereafter a person who wants to collect data-based resources on certain aspects can get it easily.
The workshop was monitored by Anshi Rajkhowa, the Outreach Coordinator, ISB, and Amrita Chakroborty the programme coordinator.
The event was attended by the working journalists of the state from various news channels, both electronic and print.
The workshop commenced with a small felicitation and a short speech by the officers from the IPR department. The programme coordinator Amrita Chakroborty explained the usage of the India Data Portal application, and journalists present at the workshop were asked to download the application & then log in with an email id to select Data Sets and filters, to have a glance at some data available at the app.
"Reason to build the app was to help build evidence-based policy making for India"_ stated Amrita Chakroborty.
The steps of the usage of the IDP app are explained as followed:
1) Click the Three lines on the top right corner :
>click>Home>DATASETS (click): we will see the analysis based on the location>AGRI (example Arunachal)
2)Information is given: Dist. Source name etc:
>agri marketing>wages>apy>capital receipts>………so on.
The aforesaid steps were explained for getting the data based on the information related to Agricultural aspects.
1. 1) Go to> DATE SET> SOCIO ECONOMIC > CENSUS>PCA DEMOGRAPHY>CLICK VISUALIZE: FILERS>SELECT ANY EXISTING INDICATORS>SELECT:total population/scheduled tribe population/st tribe female population/
2. How to build the visualization in the next step: After selecting filters, Select state>Arunachal pradsh>Select District> (Select all)
3. Go back to those three lines DATA SETS > FINANCIAL INCLUSION>NRLM>VISUALIZE> Go to filters> Financial and caste related > go to Total members as on October 2020>ST> Members in SHGs with Bank account>Members in SHGs with Aadhar Seeded AC: Select district (APPLY): Chart will appear. (Green colour graph)(We can select the colour too) Now we can share on FB and even save with high-quality JPEG PNG.
4. 2) Mission Antyodaya :Steps: Got to Socio Economy>Go Mission Antyodaya> Financial & Communication infrastructure> Check the distance available (Indicators like roads, transport, whether the villages are connected with these ) Select >Add location>Arunachal Pradesh, >District>Apply> MAP will appear>