"Humko Kam karne wala chaiye" bellowed DC Capital on ITW's agitation while on a visit to Naharlagun Market area for Eviction
By Jon Pebi Tato
STATE: lately, on the 11th of November 2021, The Capital DC Shri Talo Potom had inspected the roadside condition wherein he urged the roadside shops owner to dismantle their structure since it had caused an inconvenience to the pedestrians and commuters. Therein Potom mentioned Itanagar Traffic Warden's agitation & send a strong message through the media.
DC Capital Talo Potom accompanied by the SP Capital Jimmy Chiram and forces stormed in the Naharlagun Market area for an abrupt eviction of the illegal construction at the roadside.
Potom urged the denizens to co-operate with the highway construction agency, district administration & the Police to get a fruitful outcome.
He complimented and lauded those shop owners who rendered themselves for self dismantling their shops.
While mentioning the agitation and ultimatum served by the Itanagar Traffic Warden, DC Capital bellowed "Humko kam karne wala chaiye, Dhup me khara karne wala chaiye"
He further slammed, "We don't want those who indulge themselves on a cellphone standing in a shade"
Potom further requested the ITWs to ac steps like a hunger strike and create a ruckus for the government. He expressed that the government recruits such people to ease the burden of the government's work progress and not be the burden.
Further speaking to the Media Potom urged the ITWs to read the undertaking and his previous press briefing for a better insight.
On 28th August looking at the scenario of ITW's agitation, ANYA President Shri Byabang Joram had stated," It is observed that, without traffic wardens, the capital’s commuters are going to face worse situation and the state government has to consider their grievances,”
However, the district administration had urged the ITWs for cooperation and coordination and not disruption.
As per the DC CAPITAL, the undertaking was written as follows, " I Shri.............engaged as Itanagar Traffic Warden on muster roll basis under the establishment of Chief Estate Officer do hereby undertake to serve with full dedication, sincerity, honesty, loyalty to Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh and the people of the state with the following condition:
1. That I am fully aware of the service condition of daily wage basis/muster roll and I am not interested in claiming any advantages of being an ITW in near future.
2. That I shall not violate any conduct rule as instructed by the competent under whom I am serving.
3. That I may be discontinued at any point of time as and when my service is not required of I am found involved in Anti-social Activities/Immoral Act
4. That I am giving my signature with my full consign and sound mind to this undertaking.
Potom further stated the ITWs have violated clause 2 of the undertaking having failed to perform their duty for three consecutive days, without permission from the Capital DC nor the Capital Police.
However keeping in view of their demand, the following decisions were taken:
1. Enrollment of all those left out Traffic wardens under the APCMUHIS so that they can take the benefit under the said scheme.
2. Enrollment of all the traffic warden under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana for coverage against any accident and life insurance respectively.
3. Providing them an I-card
4. It was decided to submit to the Government for the consideration of the grant of some Traffic allowance to the wardens.
5. It was also decided to submit to the Government for the creation of an establishment of Traffic warden under the supervision and control of the Superintendent of Police Traffic.
Jon Pebi Tato, Managing Editor, The SPACE.